Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Breakdown, Episode 22


As I sat there in the car, listening to the rain beat down on the hood, I thought about what brought me there.
What was it that made me so weak? So ready to give up on anything that could possibly be........ possible.
Then I remembered you.
You in all your infinite wisdom.
You who stole my heart and returned it shattered, broken. Keeping a few select pieces for yourself.
The hours rolled on.
Eventually the rain stopped pounding on the hood, the distant traffic faded into the night. I sat there until my tears were no more and all emotion had drained from my body.
I can still remember the defeat of it all. Nothing had ever hurt like that, nothing had ever ripped my life apart, taking all splendor and meaning.
I remember those hours now, thankful for the misery.
I know myself deeper than ever. My physical and emotional pain, huddled together in that rainstorm each taking turns, blow after blow.
The sun, rising in the distance, my strength rising with it.
The scar on my heart throbbing from the heat....... basking in its glory.
I will love again.

"Dwell on the wreckage.. as it smolders in the rain, but not me..... Im Alive"

No comments:

Post a Comment