Monday, June 21, 2010

It Bells ... Clearly

The Walls begin to crumble,
the rubble starts to gather at my feet....
Every rock kicks up new dust......
Covering me, blurring my vision.
I wave my arms in front of me...
Nothing but dust....
I call out to you...
Isolation closes in on me.
Nothing but dust....
I take a blind step forward...
I lose my footing...
I call out to you...
I lay there among the ruins, dust of what used to be all around me.
Its all real now.
I can taste it. It tastes old, like death.
You were always there to keep me secure ....... keep me happy.
Where are you now when I need you most?
There is nothing........
Only me.
Is this the end?
I'm so alone, in a flash it all changed.
Everything.
Where there should be panic there is only a strange sense of peace.
I stand up, I brush the dust from my body.
My head is high.
In the distance beyond the sound of rocks and dust settling, I hear a faint sound....
I am shocked to find the sound is my own heartbeat, hidden in this storm.
With the dust of yesterday now under my feet, I feel a new sense of purpose.
This is the end....
A smile forms on my dust covered lips....
For in the end...... Is a new beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment